Please be advised that the Sto-Rox Neighborhood Health Council, Inc. is actively engaged with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Allegheny County Department of Health. If you are a patient of Sto-Rox Family Health Center or Hilltop Community Health Center, with mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, please do not show up at the clinic without first calling our office at 412-771-6462.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccine Information
Sto-Rox Neighborhood Health Council (SRNHC) is currently providing the Moderna vaccine to persons in the 1A phase, as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. This includes persons who:
- Provide health services, including behavioral health, chiropractic, health professions students, and other direct support professionals and dental services.
- Are aged 65 and over.
- and those 16-64 with high-risk conditions such as
- Chronic kidney disease,
- Down Syndrome,
- Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies),
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicine,
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2),
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2),
- Sickle cell disease,
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
SRNHC does give priority to persons who are registered patients at either our Sto-Rox or Hilltop locations but are happy to serve others in the 1A phase. Click “Vaccine Survey Form” below to complete the survey form which will place you on the wait list.
We will contact you by either email or phone to schedule an appointment – correct email addresses and phone numbers are vital. Those persons without access to the internet may call 412-489-8003. If you complete the survey it is not necessary to call. Persons who have received a first dose of the Moderna vaccine at SRNHC do not need to complete the survey, we will reach out to you to schedule a second dose.
Vaccine is supplied through the Pennsylvania Department of Health and is in high demand which means that SRNHC, and other vaccine administrators are unsure week to week of availability. If you have received an appointment time at SRNHC and find that you are unable to keep the appointment, please follow the appointment instruction to let us know that you plan to cancel, this allows someone else to be called for an appointment.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing Information
Sto-Rox Neighborhood Health Council is a partner with the Allegheny County Health Department to provide accessible COVID-19 testing. Please go to the link below to register for a COVID-19 test:
The link provides information about available testing at multiple locations across Allegheny County, including SRNHC health center sites.
We offer a very simple “self-test” to all. You will be swabbing the inside of your mouth to collect a sample. To ensure you have the most successful test experience (and results) possible, please remember the following:
- Have your mask on when you arrive.
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others
- Do not smoke, vape, eat, chew snuff, or chew gum within 20 minutes of the test.
At the time of the testing, you will be asked to cough (5) hard, deep times before collecting your sample.
We suggest that you arrive early and if you have a smartphone, please bring it with you for registration purposes while you wait in line.
Test results will be sent to your email, usually within 3- 5 days following your test.
The Health Center, our patients, and the community must all work together to reduce transmission of this disease. These attachments will educate you about the virus and provide you with tips you should follow to protect yourself and your family.
Please access the links and documents below for more information.